Monday, December 05, 2005

DFW 2nd Sisterlock Brunch

My, my, my!! This weekend was off the hook!!! When I tell you it was truly a blessing to be in the presence of such elevating, invigorating, educated, professional, down to earth, dignified, confident sista’s, I tell you “No Lye!!!” This is only our second gathering of the DFW Sisterlockers and it just keeps getting better and better. This is the first time in a very long time that I’ve been in the company of strangers and felt so connected with each person there. Truly a blessing and I can’t even imagine what February will be like when we do it again.

Happy Birthday!!!! and Thank you Shirley for opening your beautiful home to us, the atmosphere was so inviting and warm. The girl does not look a day over 30 and I won't be the one to tell her age but keep on doing what ya doing. You and your sister (I managed not to get a picture of her please send me one somebody!!) were wonderful hostesses, your son Kory was very accommodating and the food was soooooooo good! Shirley did her "thing" too and told us all about how a Sista should be respected!!

I feel like I am ADD right now because my thoughts are running together from excitement and I can’t type as fast I’m thinking. Ok, let me take a deep breath and slow down. Inhale…..Exhale.....

2 comments:

BlaqKofi said...

LaChanda, you and the ladies did my heart good! As you know, I was so nervous about hosting, but I'm even more elated by the energy, love and upliftment in the room, I really didn't have to do a thang!

I'll be updating my blog tonight and I'll send you a pick of you and my sister, Teresa. She really enjoyed you all, and was "relieved that she didn't have to hang around stuffy people, although she would have done it for her big sis! She said, all of those sisters were down!"

Much love until we fellowship again!

BlaqKofi

Jena Evans said...

LaChanda-

What a wonderful blog entry. I love reading your writing and seeing the picture layouts.

The evening was so "fully" full that I am feelin' what you mean by

"I can't type as fast as I am thinking..."

You are so right about being in the company of Queens! What a blessing.