Tuesday, June 26, 2007

TRA"s Bantu Knots

Ms TRA installed her wonderful bantu knots for me and she really has a nice little technique for my hair type. I love the results and almost wore the knots to work but thought I'd better wait for the weekend instead. Got a little too excited!

Even after taking them down I didn't want to pull them a part. They were just lovely and I still have lots of curls after all the rain and humidity today. She was so funny because she really got to see just how thick my wild hair is.

To get this style TRA spritzed my hair with water and used about five to six locks for each bantu knot. And there you go...much better than my attempt.

A funny thing happened while she was putting in my knots, I was just sharing how some of my locks had snapped off mostly due to the change in pattern a year ago and that I had lost one the night before. I had it in my little pink bag that I carry with me and showed her the damaged lock. As soon as she grabbed another patch of locks one of my locks that was hanging on for dear life fell off and it was located in a different area in which she was working. She freaked out and I assured her it was not her fault but I would have loved for you all to have seen the look on her face when she watched it fall on the floor. (LOL)

TRA...thanks so much for assisting me with my bantu knots and a special thank you for the laughter you almost seem to bring me!

At any rate, I could lose about 10 locks and you would never be able to tell with the forest on my head, that 's the blessing of having thick and double dense hair.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww they really did turn out great! I am so glad you posted pics. I was anxious to see (-:
Let me know how long your curls keep although with this rain it may not be a fair assessment.

Goodnapps said...

oh Sweet Jesus! With the posting I've been doing lately regarding thinning and damaged locks, I just knew you were immune. Now I'm convinced more than ever something is definitely going on. But like you said, the cushion is definitley softer when you have nice thick and dense
hair.

So on a more positive note, I absolutely love this bantu look and can't wait to sport it myself. Haven't figured out how to do them myself yet.

Your hair is absolutely marvelous!!

Brenda said...

Your hair looks beautiful, both in and out of the knots! Has little miss Praline let you do hers? Or is she more like Goldie, who only wants to free style? I can't help it, curls look so cute on them!

Aya said...

Very nice Creyole, very nice.

CarmenNC said...

Your hair looks lovely. I hope and pray I don't lose any of mine. I sometimes go through and check the thickness at the roots. I really need to keep my hands out of my hair.

Maryee said...

I loooovvve Bantus. So cute! I hate that it's doing all this raining here, cause I want some curls that last. Thanks for sharing!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Ooooh, SWEET!

Quietspirit said...

Very nice! I like your hair in and out of the knots. Maybe you can convince Ms. Tra to blog about "how to do bantu knots."

Detra said...

I'm trying these tonight, and getting frustrated because they keep coming undone...LOL...I'll let you know how it turns out!
Yours, look great btw, big ups TRA!

Jena Evans said...

Your locs are looking wonderful and growing so fast...

Blessings~