Thursday, July 06, 2006
July 4th Celebration
The 4th of July was a blast this year, my daughter and her friend stole the show by joining the band and singing along with everyone during a private party with all the fixins.
I thought this pic really shows how her two month old locks are coming along.
I could not be more proud and as a result of her having Sisterlocks this summer with weekly swimming, we no longer experience :
1. Complaining after washings and detangling
2. No more 2 - 3 hour weekly braiding styles
3. Combing hair and running late for work, the girl is up and ready for summer camp in 1o minutes, it can only get better during school ..she does it herself and she especially loves spritzing with my Lavender/Rose Water. Shucks,I need to get her her own bottle!
We do get:
1. Massive attention from so many people, everywhere we go.......
2. Many of her friends are interested and so are many adults
3. She's now anxious for hers to look like mine...go figure, I'm so sure her's will look 10 times better than mine! Dad's favorite humble line is..."I think hers will look better than yours" thank God I'm happy with who I am! LOL!!
I'm more anxious about seeing hers in a year which helps me take the focus off my retightening compulsive disorder.
Some of ya'll can relate! Right, maybe, am I the only one?