Friday, February 10, 2006

"The South "is" Changing"

Pictured here with my Loc'd Up Starbuck buddies. I met Karen this morning and Ron and I probably overwhelmed her with questions about her locks, but we could not resist...they are so AWESOME.

Ron has been on his loc journey now for about a year and his are coming along well.

Karen is originally from Washington D.C and has had her locks for 17 years. After receiving raving compliments from us she shared a story that when she first moved to Dallas many people avoided her because of her locs thinking she was some kind of rebellious sista. Today and 12 years later she gets asked questions about her locks quite frequently and many. many compliments on her glorious mane..

"The southern part of the USA is finally getting it." Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

How times is have change many go from avoiding someone because of their head of glory and now many want to know the story Lachanda you take some awesome photos I love viewing your blog everyday if I could to see what is inspiring info you adressing

be blessed my sista

Maryee said...

Nice! Thanks for sharing!! Beautiful locked brother and sistah!

brunsli said...

Wait, I'm confused...there are so many of you locked ladies in Dallas! OR, do you just band together since locks are so rare? ;)

Creyole said...

Oh yeah, seems like we are drawn to each other and then it's like we've known each other for years. Funny how natural hair can bring people together huh!

Ree-C said...

Nice pic. I need some natural friends to hang out with. But my natural e-friends are just as good. That is a good thing that the South is changing.

Detra said...

OMG that sistahs hair if off the chain, I love her gray! I dont blame you at all for hitting her up!

Leighann said...

Now you know I'd love the title of this post!