Sunday, June 08, 2008

It's a Small World

You know the saying...."it's a small world?" I found out this weekend that the saying is completely true. After a short hiatus from blogging I just had to get on this weekend and tell all of my lock family about my experience. Do you know the familiar face picture with me?

Ok, for those of you who don't know......it's Chocolocs and while in church on Sabbath she recognized Praline21 as she ushered during the service. Afterwards, Chocolocs found her way towards me, our eyes met, we immediately recogninzed each other and embraced like Celie & Nettie from the Color Purple!

Turns out that Chocolocs is also a Seventh-day Adventist and was in town for a wedding. She's friends with the Groom and I'm friends with the Bride, who is also member of my church. Wow, too much information but we just could not believe how this all took place. So, here she is all the way from Michigan for a wedding and ends up visiting my home church!!!! Can you believe it?

Chocolocs has the most beautiful head of locs, bright in color and a perfect bill of healthy locks. If I had to compare, I'd say hers looks exactly like Blaqkofi's and if the two of them were ever in the same room together....they'd be lock twins.

As for me, I'm just letting my 3 year old locks do their own thing, not much in to styles these days. I'm loving the flow of them as well as free styling due to my work out frequency of five days a week. Yep, I'm addicted and decided to make serious lifestyle changes including changing my diet. With that lifestyle change comes the convenience of wearing locks!

Chocolocs, it was a pleasure meeting you, your locs are to die for and I hope to see you again in the near future.
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

chocolocs locs are to die for, for real,I have been contemplating having my locs joined so they are bigger, but after seeing these locs I have changed my mind and will just be patient and wait on some length.Thanks for the photo.
It is really a small world.

Muse said...

creyole..i'm glad you are doing well...i miss reading your entries..you and chocolocs look great...she and i used to go to the same church in michigan.

Anonymous said...

You both look fantastic. Your locks are really on the grow! I agree her locks do remind me of Blaq's...lucky them!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great celebration.

http://adventistsnotcult.blogspot.com/2008/01/cadillac-jack-movies-and-fiction.html

Keysha

Alise M. said...

Creyole,
Wow! Your locks are growing like crazy. I too have missed reading your post but I completely understand about going on bloging hiatus. It's really nice to see pics too when someone has been away for awhile. You and Chocolocs are definitely poster children for a healthy set of locs. You go ladies!

Jenn said...

Yes ma'am.. It is indeed a small world. Just never know who you will run into. And both you have beautiful, gorgeous locks..

Gotta love them...

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Wow, both of you ladies have beautiful locks and they are growing. We should plan to have a meet and greet for all the SDA locked sisters that we can gather up. Maybe at General Conference in Atlanta in 2 years. That would be cool to get smaller groups together within our regions and then have one big get together then. Isn't wonderful to have the opportunity to meet someone in worship and share so much in common?

Naturally Sophia said...

Wow, both of you look excellent. I can't believe how fast your locks are growing.

Wendi aka "Wendosa" said...

Good to see both of you. I am SDA as well here in the DC area. I love both of your blogs and I think what Linda said is a great idea. Meeting up at the next GC is a great idea. I see that the Dallas crew really have gelled and committed to gatherings. I don't know of any in this area. I have had my ups and downs thru this process but I am hanging in there. Keep blogging and you look great! Love to keep up with your daughter as well. Should send her to PFA (my alma mater) and let her get into the choir!!! She would LOVE it...

Lakia said...

Glad to see you blogging again, congrats to making it to three years.

Chocolocs said...

Creole, it was wonderful meeting you! I honestly felt "Star-Struck" when I saw you, as though I was meeting a celebrity! And yet, I felt like I was meeting an old friend I hadn't seen in years. Thank you for the motivation to get back on my blog. I've finally posted some blogs, I wanted to fill in the missing 10 months of my journey. Check it out!

I like Linda's idea about having an SDA SisterLocks meet and greet at the next General Conference. However, I'm so impatient, I don't want to wait two years. Hmmm . . . Let's see what happens :-)

CarmenNC said...

I think you both have wonderful locks. I have said many times before - I hope mine turn out like Creyole's. I have always liked how your hair looked in this post - http://creyole.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-got-tagged.html

Anonymous said...

ahhh
i'm so glad to see an update :D
i've been waiting
glad you're well!!

Chocolocs said...

Creole,
I followed the "Sabbath" link on your blog. "The Sabbath Truth" is so well presented I would love to have that link from my blog also. Would you mind if I copied the link?

Maryee said...

Man! Ya'll look fabulous! Yes, it's a small, small world! Looking good ladies!!!

Anonymous said...

What is your hair care regimen your hair is gorgeous Creole. Please let me know I am newly locked, not quiet locked yet but getting there. I am always interested in what other people are using to cultivate healthy locs.


Thanks,
Soon to Be locked

Goodnapps said...

I am definitely aware of how much a small world can be. Just stopping by to say hello. Keep doing your thang girlie.

Anonymous said...

hello! i will be in the dallas area next month and am would like to visit a professional loctitian for styling. i do not have sisterlocs but (palm-rolled locs) but was hoping you could direct me to a wonderful salon in the area. i enjoyed reading your blog. thanks for the e-love:). loveaking at yahoo dot com

R.M. Jackson said...

Howdy from JA, I recognise you from 3ABN and I love your locks. I have thought about it, but chickened out at the fact that it was a bit too permanent (I don't have the face to go with a 'fro if I decide to change). I do have shoulderlength natural hair though, so I'm-a-rope-twisting and fine-plaiting over here. Blessings.:D

Docs Locs said...

Lotsa length, Creole. Happy to see you post again!

njsygirl said...

Hello! I am SDA in the NJ area. My name is njsygirl. I also have sisterlocks and just started my blog that you may visited.Your locks and Chocloc locks look perfect. How was your sabbath?