Thursday, May 27, 2010

5th Year Lock Birthday



Hi Everyone,
Long time, no post! What can I say other than life is very fruitful and priorities change from day to day, especially with two teenagers. Today I'm posting because my babies are now 5 years old and we've come a long way from the beginning. Some of you remember all of my challenges/drama at installation and Praise God...it all worked out! (Thanks to everyone's support during that time)

My Top 10 List of "Why I LOVE and I'm THANKFUL for my SISTERLOCKS!"

1. Carefree Life Style, yesss baby! I love Free styling!
2. I can still look beautiful without all the fuss!
2. Makes for a life of pure freedom from chemicals and sooo many products!
3. When traveling, I don't have to worry about frizz, curls or styles!
4. When going to the gym, five days a week, I can sweat, wash and go!
5. People stop me to inquire about my locks and I educate them on natural hair!
6. Me and my locks have converted SIX family members!
7. I've met some beautiful Locked Sisters, we've connected and formed forever friendships! (Shout out to all my DFW Girls!)
8. Carol's Daughter products makes my locks healthy, happy and fragrant!
9. I love using the Nappy Lock Tool to maintain my locks!
10. My Locks are 100% all mine, no extentions, no extentions, no extentions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





12 comments:

BlaqKofi said...

Happy 5 year anniversary, my friend. Remember when we started this journey a couple of weeks apart? We can look back on those days now and smile. Not only were we blessed with the freedom and beauty of Sisterlocks, but wonderful friendships as well. I've been thinking about a reunion of the OG's since me, you and Tre will all celebrate 5 years on lock down this year. Gonna start working on this since we all have such busy schedules. I have a customer with hair similar to yours. I always refer her to your blog when she becomes discouraged. Gorgeous pics! Your locks are slammin'!. Happy Loc'Versary, my friend.

Creyole said...

Hi BlaqKofi, oh my, dod i remember. Yes INDEED! Don't regret it and I am especially grateful for the friendships formed as a result of Sisterlocks!!

Please do get the OG Reunion started (LOL) but please plan after June 18th. I'm on medical leave for a few more weeks. At home resting and relaxing while updating on my laptop.

Take care and please be in touch soon!

CaribSun said...

Happy 5th Anniversary. Your hair is gorgeous, and your blog is an inspiration to me.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 5th! Your locks look lovely as always!

Grace said...

I know! I started using Carol's Daughter products for my daughter and found that I loved it for me! Who knew? I use the tui leave-in after each wash, and sometimes use the sheen spray as well. I love them all, and my daughter's hair LOVES them too!

Your locks look glorious! congrats on hitting the 5yr mark.

z said...

I know i'm late, but congrats on reaching 5 years! I workout often too and i'm always looking for various work-out styles to wear with my hair.

Creyole said...

Thanks all for the anniversary wishes! So happy my posts are helpful!

Tequila Jackson Allen said...

OMG where have you been you Locks look wonderful 5yrs Congrats! I wil 5yrs in October Be Bless

Maryee said...

Happy Lockversary! Love and miss ya, Sis!

KnottyAuthor said...

great to c ya! beautiful!

chele

Anonymous said...

I love your sisterlocks, They are so beautiful. I love seeing African American women rocking their natural glory. I got a blog on brotherlocks. I figured I would do a blog on them because you dont see many brothers talking about their brotherlock on blogs but I see many of sisterlock blog though. I would love for you to check them out and let me know what you think. I would even appreciate it if you could help me get the word out too

cadarious.blogspot.com

Dreadlock experts said...

Lovely locks, but if you ever want to transition out of locks, PLEASE do not cut your beautiful hair. Just use the Take Down Remover cream for taking out braids, weaves, twists or natural dreadlocks easier,faster. It detangles very matted tangled hair easy and safely.

It also prevents hair breakage no matter how long your braids or weaves are in. It is great for women who are transitioning to natural hair from relaxers as well.

It is not a water based or glycerine based product-so it works on every type of hair texture, every head, every time.