Thursday, February 21, 2008

God, Husband, Children, Work, Locks...

Thanks to all of my lock buddies for checking on me, I'm still around but who has time for locks? I don't even think I've taken a pic of my locks recently. I hope to make time soon and post on how my teenage locks are progressing...

I'm having to re-evaluate my life and prioritize what goes where. Since starting my locking hobby six months ago I've had to trim back clients like crazy. Part of me feels guilty and then another feels like I must use the extra time for my family.


Left - Ms Praline pictured with Ms. Irma P. Hall (Mama Jo from the movie Soul Food) where Rachel opened a local play and Ms. Hall made an appearance in the play. Read more Here

Ms. Praline is taking off with her mad schedule and Mr. Roux is in High school and we're tackling teenage life and girls. Whew, that's worth wanting to home school but then we'd have the same issues during college. Better to deal with it sooner than later.


Left - Mr. Roux wins King of his 9th grade class and he's going through the cool stage with his semi-smile while posing with one of his classmates.

Parenting is the most difficult job I've ever had in my life. I just hope we're making the right decisions in every chapter of their lives. Such a challenge!

I feeling the need of a Dallas Gathering!

13 comments:

Cluizel said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to see everything is going well

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

I second your nomination for a Dallas Gathering! I MISS YOU! I have not been working out lately! Plus, it is so awesome to be amongst such inspiring ladies.

Lovely pictures, I will be seeking your constructive advice years from now when my 5 year olds "come of age" so to speak. From what I know of your character, all of your parenting decisions will be balanced with LOVE and God's will, so you can'to wrong in raising up functional children in to adults.

Ms. Irma Hall is a member of my church, I think she usually goes to the 1:00 pm service and I go to the 7:30 am service. What a legacy that woman is.

RJQueen10

Goodnapps said...

I knew this "hobby" of yours was going to take off like wild fires because you have that gift honey. Since you are already praying on it, the Lord will lead you to the next steps you need to take.

Oh the babies are growing up...so precious. I know you and your hubby are beyond proud of both of them.

still waters said...

nice to see you checked in. Your babies are beautiful, I dont have children but parenting does not come with a blue print and you are a praying woman you can only do your best !!longing fo a lock update!!!

one love still

Alise M. said...

Creyole,
Thanks for the update. It sounds like you have your hands full. It's amazing how much your children have grown over the last 2 years since I started reading your blog. They look wonderful. I know you are praying for direction so just leave it all in God's hands. God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! I know you are super pressed for time and boy can I feel ya on the hard job of parenting...and I have not even hit the teenage years yet!

As for a D-town gathering, I think we are all getting the fever. Is March too soon?

Unknown said...

Hello Creyole i would like to tagge your daughter. If see would like. thanks

Jenn said...

Ok? I third the nomination of a Dallas gathering !!! I am soo glad you and your family are doing well. I will continue to lift you and yours in prayer !!!

Love you,

Jenn

Chi-chi said...

Hey Creyole, I missed your posts, thanks for checking in .

Thanks for sharing your family life and concerns about parenting. Your children are beautiful. It's very encouraging to see a positive black family and a fabulous mom who keeps it together!

I hope all is well,
Chi-chi

Maryee said...

Hey girl,

Thanks for your update and for also checking in on my. The kids look great! Tell Praline I said Hi! I'm sure we'll get together soon. Miss ya, sis!

CarmenNC said...

Creyole, I understand exactly how you feel, excluding the children. I haven't been keeping up with everyone like I want to. I get to their page and they posted about getting married or having children and I'm like I've really missed out. And, I swear each time I come to your page I get serious baby fever. I'm too silly to provide care for a whole human. Ask my dog. LOL. I'm glad to see that you and are your family are DOING IT UP BIG TIME.

Naturally Free Hair Studio (678.467.1867) said...

You can say that again! Parenting is the hardest job that I've EVER had but the most rewarding at the same time! God will guide us in every decision we make as we continue to lean on Him.

On another note, I am trying to build my clientèle as I want to take my business to the next level. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sabriya
http://mysisterlocksaga.blogspot.com/